Tuesday, June 10, 2014

We are in the Missionary Training Center

June 10, 2014

     We are here!  After the crazy fast pace of preparation, we are here in the Missionary Training Center (MTC).  I am thrilled to be here.  Watching and being part of this amazing group of people is a wonderful experience.  Our training will be short here.  We will only be here until Friday.

     The MTC is an amazing place.  The organization here is remarkable.  The young missionaries are such a diverse group.  We met a young man from Minas Gerais Brazil, the place where Rafael, our son, was born.  Mostly what I notice is the excitement and enthusiasm.  These young people want to make a difference in the lives of others.  They can't wait to get out and serve.

     Today I watched as one of the cafeteria staff lost control of layers of drinking glasses.  Layers of glasses flew and broke over a large area.  Within seconds, missionaries came to the aid of the man and cleaned up the mess.  There was no sense of condemnation or teasing.  They simply went to work to make things better.

     This is the view from our room.  The Temple is the Provo Temple.


If I can remember, I will include the little pink peep in pictures for my grandchildren.



 June 8, 2014

     Because we had our farewell the day before we went to the MTC and needed to have our belongings packed so that my son could move into our home, having our close family and friends over for food seemed impossible.  I told my youngest daughter that I thought we would forego having anything.  She said she thought we should have something for guests and she would take charge.  She did well.  She organized family who prepared food and with the help of her delightful mother and father-in-law and her sister, they baked, cooked and prepared a feast for everyone.  It was wonderful.  It wouldn't have happened without them.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of things until it was all over, and my two hostesses weren't exactly cooperative on a picture.  Thanks everyone!








June 5, 2014

      One of the things that we needed to do was to get rid of food that would not still be edible after 23 months.  We took over 300 pounds of food to the food pantry.  One of the things that I learned is that food that is marked "best by" continues to be appropriate for human consumption for 2 years beyond that date.  The pantry will take things past that date and beyond.  Thanks to the wonderful youth who helped unload it!

No comments:

Post a Comment