Sunday, August 2, 2015

'Nuff said- August 2, 2015



This summed up my week so well, I was going to just leave this as the post, but my sister thought I needed to say a little more!  I never thought my family would EVER suggest I say more!

One thing I have learned in this new assignment:  it is a good thing I didn't do this for a living.  I am not very good at it.  But, I will learn from my mistakes, and, fortunately the missionaries take it all in stride.  I love these young missionaries so much!

We finished up our Zone Conferences.  Our odometer turned to 44, 444 while we were coming home from an assignment on Saturday.  We have doubled the miles on our car since we bought it 14 months ago.  We do a lot of driving.

One of the challenges I have is that we will need to add some apartments in the next two weeks for the incoming missionaries.  Our numbers are increasing.  We are excited to get to know these new missionaries!

Our Branch has its first Eagle Scout.  On Thursday, we went to help him with a patio for a nature preserve.  There were several challenges, but Matt had lots of support and some great help.  I don't know that I say often enough how grateful I am for Elder Dixon.  He is just good at that kind of thing and was a big help to them.  Congratulations, Matt Mingorance!

Matt and his twin sister, Jessica, just turned 18.  They have been a real strength to the youth programs at the branch.  We will miss them.

Our week was topped off by attending a baptism.  I regret not having done that at home.  What a powerful way to recharge.  These people often have been looking for something and when they meet the missionaries they realize what it was.  The baptism was really wonderful and I am grateful I could be there.

This week, I was especially missing family.  My daughter sent a card that was just perfect and it got here at exactly the right time. You see, pink flamingos were a favorite of my mother, and were something I detested.  It became a family joke.  To receive that card made me smile and reminded me of wonderful memories.  Then inside was a special message from my daughter.  How very grateful I am for my family.   Many times a week, we have the opportunity to share the message of the gospel and our belief that families can be together forever.  That teaching was the teaching that brought me to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I could not then, nor can I now, envision eternal happiness without my family.  Okay, sometimes when my son and daughter were yelling "He's looking out my window!" I may have questioned.  Seriously, though, we were not placed here on the earth to learn to love our family and then not have that continue.  Families are eternal.   I am convinced that includes my sweet mission family!

No comments:

Post a Comment