Sunday, May 8, 2016

To all the wonderful women in my life- Happy Mother's Day! May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!  It is a great time to reflect on the wonderful women in our lives. 




I want to take a little time to thank my mother.  She loved deeply.  She wanted us to soar and sacrificed her own happiness to make it happen.  She worked long, hard hours to see that our needs were met.  She gave back.  She loved our country.  She valued family.  She loved my father and supported him.



I want to thank my beautiful daughters and daughters-by-marriage.  All four of them have loved my grandchildren.  Those who are able to live close to each other, have looked out for each other and for all of the grandchildren.

I don't have pictures here on the mission of my sister.  I want to thank her for looking out for me.  She has always been a support, and while I have been here on the mission, she has written me, sent packages and cards and, I know, prayed for me. 

I want to thank my wonderful mother-in-law.  She loves her children deeply.  She had to raise them alone and raised some awfully great kids.














I want to thank my sisters-in law.  They have been wonderful friends, supportive and kind.  Oh, and Nancy, sorry about the awful bed you slept on at our house here.  We just slept on it!






I want to thank those who work in the mission to make the lives of the missionaries better. 
 



 Thanks to our Branch "mother".  What a support she is!  Even though she did not speak Portuguese, she didn't let that slow her down and does everything possible to strengthen the Branch.
I started to add pictures of other great mothers from the Branch and mission, but there are too many.  So hopefully, it is enough to say my life has been forever blessed because of the wonderful women in my life.  Thank you.  I love you.













No comments:

Post a Comment