Saturday, May 24, 2014

January 1, 2014

     On December 31, 2014, I retired l after working as an attorney for over 30 years.  I had looked forward to that day for many years.  It was not because I disliked my job, I was working as a Child Protection Attorney and the work was fulfilling.  It was not because I disliked my co-workers, they are some of the finest people I know.  It was because I knew in my heart that there was something more for me to do.  I wanted to find out what that might be.

     I knew what one part of the journey would be.  Jim and I have wanted to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for our entire marriage.  We are lucky enough to be healthy enough to go.  I feel blessed that the decisions that we made long ago have worked out so that I was able to retire and we could afford to go on a mission.  He wanted to go immediately after I retired.  I told him that I wanted to "breathe".  I could not have anticipated what the next few months would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment